Main aims objectives
The general objective is to leverage security of places of worship in the EU against terrorist attacks. It will be achieved by forming a cooperation between faith-based leaders, public services and security experts, the places risk evaluation, raising public awareness (especially key beneficiaries – clergy and worshippers), as well as developing and validating comprehensive protection system.
- Establishing long-lasting model of cooperation among religious organizations, security experts and public protection services.
- Exchange of good practice examples in current security systems and identifying a common set of evidence based needs and gaps at various religious sites of worship.
- Preparing the tailor-made and validated security measures for religious sites.
- Enhance the preparedness of religious sites for CBRN protection.
- Preparing a modular training programme with educational materials for the religious sites in regular and eLearning mode.
- Conducting training for the staff (trainers) related to security of religious sites to initiate the cascade scheme.
- Designing and implementing EU-wide security raising awareness campaign.
- Assuring sustainability and compliance with ethical and societal issues.
The comprehensive protection system developed within the PROSEPERES project covers a variety of measures targeting an increased prevention, protection and deterrence of terrorist and CBRN related threats. The carefully drafted, targeted prevention measures will comprise of a set of tailor-made templates, tools, procedures, equipment, improvements in infrastructure reflecting the “security by design” paradigm of European policy making. These will be complemented by a set of protocols suitable for cooperation with public services.
The implementation of the dedicated PROSPERES system will be further advanced by a modular training including VR supported eLearning platform, applicable to various types of education in religious structures as well as for conducting large-scale exercises in the relevant domain